Our foodbank relies on your goodwill and support.
Over 90% of the food distributed by foodbanks in The Trussell Trust network is donated by the public – that’s why your food donations are absolutely vital to our ability to give everyone referred to us a balanced and nutritious three day supply of food.
Our shopping list on the right shows the food items that we need right now (and the items we don’t need!)
Ways to Give
- You can buy items at the Supermarkets and place them in the collection bins in the store
- You can donate through our Online Shop here >>> Give Today Shop
- You can give a Financial Donation, which we’ll continue to use where the need is greatest.
- You can download the Bank The Food App and follow us (South & East Bristol Foodbank) to get notifications about what we need and where you can donate
Where to Donate
Our Foodbank Outlets
- BS3 Community Outlet Thursday from 9.30am to 12 noon
- Counterslip Cares Outlet – Tuesday and Thursday 2 to 4pm
- Fishponds outlet Wednesday 10.30am -12pm and Fridays from 11.45am- 2.15pm
- Kingswood Mondays 10:30am – 12:30pm (smaller donations may be able to be bought in during outlet opening times).
- St Marks outlet on Fridays from 10am to 3pm
Please don’t put other items in these supermarket bins – rather bring them to one of our outlets when we are there. Items need to be in date and unopened.
|Location of Collection Bin – For In Store Purchases Only||Opening hours||Comments|
|Tesco – Bristol East Extra, Bell Hill, Soundwell, Staple Hill, Westons Way, Lodge Causeway, Redfield, Totterdown, Whitchurch (Esso), Bedminster (West St.), Axbridge Road||Opening Hours|
|Sainsburys- Castle Court, Avonmeads, Nags Head, Fishponds, Bishopston, Kings Chase||Opening Hours|
|COOP – Bell Hill, Hanham and Downend||Opening Hours|
|Lidl- Kingswood, Longwell Green, Brislington, Fishponds||Opening Hours|
|Asda- Longwell Green, Whitchurch||Opening Hours|
|Morrisons – Fishponds||Opening Hours|
You can also download the Bankthefood app which is a quick and easy way to keep up to date with what we need and where to donate! – Download the app and select South and East Bristol Foodbank as your chosen foodbank!
- You can donate via our online Give Today Shop. The donations you buy through this page, get sent directly to our warehouse and then get distributed between our six foodbank outlets in South and East Bristol.
Thank you for supporting us!
We always welcome donations and promise to use them to provide help to people in crisis. Occasionally we send food to other nearby foodbanks to support their work particularly if they experience shortages. This ensures your donations go to help people wherever in the UK they are.
We can take cleaned fresh fruit and vegetables at our outlets when they are open also.
Please contact us if you have any questions about donating food.